1 hr 15 mins
.These are a great change of pace. If you have a star fruit tree, you get 2-5 crops per year. This is a great way to preserve or make interesting gifts.
My Private Note
Half Pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place carambola slices in glass jar or bowl.
- 2Make a syrup of sugar, vinegar, and spices. Bring to a boil and pour over carambola slices.
- 3Let stand overnight in the refrigerator.
- 4Next day, drain off syrup and bring to a boil.
- 5Place carambola slices in hot, sterilized jars and pour boiling syrup over, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe jar mouths and adjust lids. Process in boiling water-bath canner 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Star Fruit Pickles (Carambola)
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 74.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: