Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
.These are a great change of pace. If you have a star fruit tree, you get 2-5 crops per year. This is a great way to preserve or make interesting gifts.
- 4 cups star fruit slices (leave the seeds, they are edible)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- Place carambola slices in glass jar or bowl.
- Make a syrup of sugar, vinegar, and spices. Bring to a boil and pour over carambola slices.
- Let stand overnight in the refrigerator.
- Next day, drain off syrup and bring to a boil.
- Place carambola slices in hot, sterilized jars and pour boiling syrup over, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Wipe jar mouths and adjust lids. Process in boiling water-bath canner 10 minutes.