Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Festive and fun! Tropical flavor that make them a real treat.
- Slice star fruit crosswise with slicer into 1/16-inch-thick slices.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Add star fruit, then remove from heat and let stand, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 F with rack in the middle.
- With a strainer set over a pan or bowl, strain and drain 15 minutes.
- Reserve syrup for another use.
- Arrange star-fruit slices in 1 layer on silpat in 11x17" pan. Use parchment paper if you don't have siplat.
- Bake until dry, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Immediately transfer chips to a rack to cool.