Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Beautiful and delicious!
Make and share this Star Fruit (Carambola) Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 star fruit, sliced and seeds removed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 passion fruit, juiced (use what you have, star fruit, citrus, etc)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange sliced star fruit in bottom of a greased 9 inch cake pan as close together as possible.
- Mix together 1/4 cup butter, brown sugar and passion fruit juice and pour into pan, turning so mixture covers bottom. Set aside.
- Cream together 1/2 cup of butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Add flour mixture, alternately with milk, to butter mixture. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cake pulls away form sides of pan. Let cool for five minutes before inverting onto serving plate.