Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
When you have a star fruit tree, you end up with quite a bounty!!!
Make and share this Star Fruit (Carambola) and Chicken Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, mashed
- 6 star fruit (medium)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- black pepper
- cilantro leaf, minced for garnish
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 4 lbs chicken, cooked, deboned and cut into bite size pieces
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil. Saute red bell pepper, scallions, garlic and star fruit over medium low heat until tender about 8 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and season with salt, pepper and paprika. Cook over medium low heat for 8 minutes.
- In a large cooking pot, combine this mixture with the rice and chicken. Heat until serving temperature about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.