Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have a star fruit tree in my garden so I am always on the look out for recipes to use up the fruit. I found this on the net and its easy and delicious, especially with a bit of butter on it. If you don't have access to star fruit you can substitute fresh pineapple if you use tinned make sure you drain well.
- 1 cup star fruit, puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and oil or spray one large (9 X5X3-inch) loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the puree, sugar, milk, and egg.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients and mix well. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir just until all the flour is moistened. Do not over-stir.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan(s) and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes.
- Note: If using a black non-stick baking tin reduce the heat to 325.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.