Recipe by Lene
The chinese spice star anise is now widely available and adds a lovely licoricey spicy flavour to your cooking. It really is the perfect ingredient to give your red fruits a real lift, especially strawberries. Serve the strawberries on their own or spooned over ice cream, sorbet or crispy meringues.
- 450 g small fresh strawberries
- 300 ml fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 star anise
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Hull the strawberries, place them in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the orange juice, sugar, star anise and caraway seeds in a small pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then pour over the strawberries and allow to cool. Chill for at least an hour.
- Divide the strawberries between 4 glasses ans serve accompanied by meringues and a spoonful of yogurt.