Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a wonderful tasting sauce for Roast Duck, Chicken, Pork Chops, or Beef Cubes.
- 1⁄2 cup star anise, pieces (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- canola oil, to cook
- sesame oil, to cook
Directions See How It's Made
- In an oiled sautè skillet oiled with Canola oil& Sesame oil, add all the ingredients& bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat& simmer about 5 minutes.
- Check for seasoning.
- Bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat& simmer another 10 minutes, stirring constantly until sauce somewhat thickens, almost like a syrup.
- Strain& use the sauce to cook over duck, chicken, pork chops or beef cubes.