Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very simple recipe for banana bread--no special ingredients. It's also my favorite recipe for banana bread. My mom got it from my aunt years ago and I got it from my mom.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with fork
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F - 350°F.
- Mix oil, vanilla, sugar, eggs, and bananas until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix salt, flour, and baking soda.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.