Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
I served this last Christmas and my family has requested that this become the Christmas tradition. I served with Bacon-Topped Cheese Potatoes, Green Bean bundles, Salad & Yeast Rolls.
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 -7 lbs standing rib roast
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- Combine all seasonings and rub over roast.
- Place roast fat side up in a large roasting pan, insert meat thermometer.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until roast reaches desired doneness.
- Allow 23 to 25 minutes per pound for rare, 27 to 30 for medium, 32 to 35 for well done.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Pour pan juices into glass measuring cup, skim fat.
- Add boiling water and bouillon to pan and stir to remove brown bits, stir in reserved juice.
My whole ramily liked this roast it was very flavorful. the leftover roast and au jus made a great French dip sandwich too. Thanks RitaP.