Recipe by Rita P
I served this last Christmas and my family has requested that this become the Christmas tradition. I served with Bacon-Topped Cheese Potatoes, Green Bean bundles, Salad & Yeast Rolls.
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 -7 lbs standing rib roast
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all seasonings and rub over roast.
- Place roast fat side up in a large roasting pan, insert meat thermometer.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until roast reaches desired doneness.
- Allow 23 to 25 minutes per pound for rare, 27 to 30 for medium, 32 to 35 for well done.
- Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Pour pan juices into glass measuring cup, skim fat.
- Add boiling water and bouillon to pan and stir to remove brown bits, stir in reserved juice.