Recipe by Bobbiegirl
The "rub" make the flavor delicious. I always serve this as medium rare. I am convinced that a well done beef roast subtracts from the full flavor of the beef.
Top Review by JustJanS
We had a rare standing rib roast for dinner tonight with this rub. It was delicious, and I think the people who ate the middle were really envious of those 2 that got the outside with all the delicious rub on it. Thanks for a good recipe.
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 -7 lbs standing beef rib roast
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon pepper, paprika, garlic salt,rosemary and cayenne pepper; rub over roast.
- Place roast with fat side up in a large roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees until roast reaches desired doneness.
- Allow 23-25 minutes per pound for rare (140 degrees on thermometer), 27-30 minutes for medium (160 degrees on thermometer) and 32-35 min.
- for well-done (170 degrees on thermometer) Remove to serving platter and keep warm.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Au Jus: Pour meat juices from roasting pan into a glass measuring cup, skim off fat.
- Add boiling water and bouillon to roasting pan and stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove drippings.
- Stir in the meat drippings.
- Serve on the side with the roast.