Recipe by smellyvegetarian
These are an old stand-by that my family has used for years for a quick, filling, yummy meal.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is an easy recipe to mix up. But if you have a couple of carnivores in the house, you may want to have some steak or chicken around to add in for them. I used Durkee Fajita Seasoning mix and only used half the amount, as Durkee's is really black pepper spicy. I cooked my own black beans the other day (did not use them in this recipe) and I'll be sure to use them in this recipe the next time I make it. Made for 1~2~3 Hits ~ September 2010
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 10 tortillas (flour and corn are both good!) (optional)
- mixed greens (optional)
- reduced-fat cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet combine onions, water, and fajita seasoning. Heat med-high until boiling, cook and stir until onions are tender.
- Add beans and corn. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guacamole--whatever floats your boat!