1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drop kale into enough boiling, lightly salted water to cover completely.
- 2Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 3Add potatoes and cook for 30 minutes longer, or until kale is tender; potatoes should still be intact.
- 4Remove potatoes with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 5Drain kale in a colander, pressing firmly to remove excess liquid.
- 6Chop coarsely.
- 7Heat milk and lard in a heavy 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lard is melted and small bubbles appear around the edge of the pan.
- 8Stir in kale, potatoes, and salt.
- 9Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, prick sausage in several places.
- 11Lay flat in a skillet and add enough cold water to cover completely.
- 12Bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- 13Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- 14Drain sausage on paper towels.
- 15Split sausage casing with a sharp knife and remove it.
- 16Slice sausage into 1/4" thick pieces.
- 17To serve, mound the kale and potatoes in the middle of a large deep platter and arrange the sausage around the rim.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stampot Van Boerenkool Met Worst (Kale With Potatoes and Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.6
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 1181.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 19.7 g