Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Have to tell you if you like beans, then this is the ultimate bean recipe to have and a much easier way than making baked beans from scratch. My good friend Betty gave me this recipe 14 years ago and from then on these are the only beans I make and everyone raves about them, plus they freeze excellent.
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 48 ounces canned beans (Heinz, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunks or 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced tomato
- Saute the bacon and onion and add to beans.
- Add remaining ingredients and bake covered at 325 for 1 hour.
- Remove the cover and bake for 30 more minutes.
Never would have thought to use pineapple and diced tomatoes. Really tasty! I did cut down the coffee to 1 teaspoon, as I am not fond of coffee, but for once, did not mind it. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Katherine. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Jan 2010.
I skipped the bacon and didn`t miss it! My DH didn`t like the tomatoes. All in all it was yummy. Thanks.
I made these as one of the sides for a walleye fish fry - they were perfect - I used only 1 tsp. of instant coffee, because I was afraid the flavor would be too strong - they were perfect - the pineapple was just right. Thanks for a keeper.