Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is an excellent recipe to use with my collection of cookie stamps..Holds the pattern very well..
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried butter powder
- Heat oven to 350*
- In large bowl, comine 1/2 cup sugar and butter, beat until light and fluffy. Add flour and cornstarch, dried butter powder.( this should be available from a cake decorating shop, etc) adds just the best butter flavor -- and mix well.
- Divide dough into 18 equal pieces, shape into balls.
- Roll balls in 3 tbls sugar.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- For each cookies, flatten ball of dough firmly with cookie stamp.
- Bake at 350* for 9-12 minutes or until bottoms are very light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minutes, remove from cookie sheets.
This is a wonderful recipe!Very light melt-in-the- mouth cookies. I couldn't find the dry butter in the grocery store. I was able to purchase it for $16.95 per pound on Amazon.com. It was pricey but only a little is needed for each recipe, and it is well worth the price. I used cookie stamps to imprint each cookie but a flat bottom glass works as well. I followed the recipe exactly.