Recipe by Courtney Stallings
This recipe is a favorite by all who have tried it. It is a great idea for any potluck get together or just a nice dinner at home. My family loves this recipe it is great with steamed vegetables and rice. We are not sure of the origin of it, we have just been making it for years and it gets better every time.
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 whole chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 packages pilsbury'c crescent rolls
- 1 -2 cup reserved chicken broth or 1 can broth
- cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a large stock pot and boil in seasoned water until chicken begins to separate from the bones.
- **Reserve1-2 cups of chicken broth and set aside.
- (Unless have purchased a can of chicken broth).
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Once cooled; remove chicken completely from bone and separate it into small pieces.
- Season with salt, pepper and cajun spices.
- Empty cans of soup into a bowl, then add the reserved broth to the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the three together thoroughly.
- Open packages of crescent rolls and lay out on a dry surface.
- Add your chicken to the dough and roll up in the same fashion as a regular crescent roll.
- Place in a casserole dish, approximately 9x13 or larger.
- Once you have stuffed every crescent with all of your chicken (if they seem overly stuffed you might also sprinkle a little of the remaining chicken around the crescents), pour your soup/broth mixture over all the crescents in the dish.
- Cook for apporoximately 15-23 minutes-- until you see the tops of the crescents brown and the liquids bubble.
- (careful not to burn the tops of the crescents) Serve over a bed of rice with steamed vegetables and VOILA!