Recipe by Jo Coburn
This has been a Christmas Staple for as long as I can remember, the best part is it is simple and no bake and looks fantastic on a cookie tray. I have even added chopped up candy canes instead of the nuts for a extra sweet surprise twist. Have fun with other add-ins. Hope you enjoy this simple and quick addition to your holiday celebrations.
Top Review by email@example.com
while this taste great I had an issue with not enough choclate to actually cover the marshmallows sufficently. Also the mixture broke my wooden spoon! (Maybe its just time for some new spoons)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup other nuts (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag colored miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Ina large saucepan, melt the butter and the chips over low heat until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and chopped nuts.
- Cool mixture for about 15 minutes, until cool but not not to the point where it is hardening.
- Fold in the marshmallows and stir until well-coated (it will look like you don't have enough chocolate but don't worry) Spoon mixture down the center of a 24" piece of waxed paper or aluminum foil and shape into a log.
- At this point if you like coconut roll the log in coconut to cover (I personally have never used the coconut so I can't give you any pointers here.) Wrap the log firmly in the foil or waxed paper, folding the ends snugly.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- (I keep this one around for days in the fridge and cut it up as I need it for Christmas trays). When ready cut into 1/4 inch slices and enjoy!