1/5 Photos of Stained Glass Window / Lollipop Cookies
This is from the "Dining In" kosher cookbook; these cookies turn out really pretty. As a general rule, I hate working with dough that I need to roll, but I found this one very easy to deal with. I'm copying the recipe verbatim from the cookbook, but I really do not recommend mixing all the ingredients at once!! -- I did that and created a great big floury mess. It's probably a better idea to cream the margarine and sugar, and then alternate between gradually adding the flour and liquid ingredients. As for crushing the lollipops, I put them in a freezer bag and whacked at them with a rolling pin... triple-bagging is probably a good idea! It would probably work to crush them in a food processor, too. With the leftover dough from the cutouts, or if you just don't feel like cutting out shapes in the first place, you can make a "thumbprint" type cookie and fill the "wells" with the crushed lollipops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix all ingredients, excluding lollipops, to form dough.
- 3Roll out the dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- 4With a scalloped-edged cookie cutter, cut large circles from dough.
- 5Place the scalloped circles onto lined cookie sheets.
- 6With a small cookie cutter, cut out desired shape from the centers of each circle.
- 7Remove the dough and fill the shape with crushed lollipops.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes, or until the candy melts in the cookie centers.
- 9Allow to cool before removing from tray.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stained Glass Window / Lollipop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 114.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: