1/2 Photos of Stained Glass Sugar Cookies
1 hr 15 mins
A friend of mine brought these cookies and recipe to our annual Cookie Exchange. They are very similar to a stained glass cookie, with the pretty top, but they also taste delicious and would be great plain too. You can also cut them into fun shapes with cookie cutters or make them as drop cookies. A favorite for Christmas now!
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- 3Add flour and baking soda; mix well.
- 4Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Roll dough to 1/8” thickness on lightly floured surface.
- 6Cut into assorted shapes using 3” cookie cutters, or, drop as balls onto cookie sheet.
- 7Place on greased baking sheets.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
- 9Transfer cookies to rack; immediately press about ½ t crushed candies onto each hot cookie. If the candies aren’t sticking, you can also add frosting first.
- 10Cool completely on wire racks. (Easy way to crush the candies: Separate by color. Place each color in a resealable plastic bag and crush using rolling pin or meat mallet).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stained Glass Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (912 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1122.4
- Calories from Fat 565
- Total Fat 62.8 g
- Saturated Fat 39.3 g
- Cholesterol 175.8 mg
- Sodium 656.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 62.0 g
- Protein 13.6 g