Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from The Daily Recipe.
- 4 ounces lemon Jell-O gelatin or 4 ounces orange Jell-O
- 4 ounces lime Jell-O gelatin
- 4 ounces cherry Jell-O or 4 ounces raspberry Jell-O gelatin or 4 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin (1 package)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup hot pineapple juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 dozen graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- For Jello: Make the three kinds of jello, dissolving each in 1 and 1/2 cups hot water. Set into separate square or cake pans, for thin layer of jello and chill until firm, or overnight.
- For Crust: Crush graham crackers. Mix with butter and sugar. Line a spring-form pan or pie dish with mixture. Set aside some of the crumb mixture, this will later be used as a topping. Place the graham crumb base in the fridge so that it starts to harden.
- For Filling: Soften unflavored gelatin in cold water; dissolve in hot pineapple juice. Whip cream, adding sugar and vanilla when almost whipped, while pineapple-gelatin mixture is cooling. When cool, fold into whipped cream.
- Cut flavored jello into small 1/2 inch cubes; fold into filling. Pour into pan over crust and sprinkle with remaining crust mixture. Chill six to eight hours or overnight.
You can't go wrong with this recipe. Have made it for years, especially at Xmas because of the colors. I have also substituted sugar free jello which makes it suitable for diabetics. Please use real cream and not coolwhip. Also the 1/2 cup of sugar can be reduced because it is sweet as it stands. Good to see this old recipe in print.