Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from The Daily Recipe.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
You can't go wrong with this recipe. Have made it for years, especially at Xmas because of the colors. I have also substituted sugar free jello which makes it suitable for diabetics. Please use real cream and not coolwhip. Also the 1/2 cup of sugar can be reduced because it is sweet as it stands. Good to see this old recipe in print.
- 4 ounces lemon Jell-O gelatin or 4 ounces orange Jell-O
- 4 ounces lime Jell-O gelatin
- 4 ounces cherry Jell-O or 4 ounces raspberry Jell-O gelatin or 4 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin (1 package)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup hot pineapple juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 dozen graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For Jello: Make the three kinds of jello, dissolving each in 1 and 1/2 cups hot water. Set into separate square or cake pans, for thin layer of jello and chill until firm, or overnight.
- For Crust: Crush graham crackers. Mix with butter and sugar. Line a spring-form pan or pie dish with mixture. Set aside some of the crumb mixture, this will later be used as a topping. Place the graham crumb base in the fridge so that it starts to harden.
- For Filling: Soften unflavored gelatin in cold water; dissolve in hot pineapple juice. Whip cream, adding sugar and vanilla when almost whipped, while pineapple-gelatin mixture is cooling. When cool, fold into whipped cream.
- Cut flavored jello into small 1/2 inch cubes; fold into filling. Pour into pan over crust and sprinkle with remaining crust mixture. Chill six to eight hours or overnight.