Chef #1802548325's Note:
these cookies look too good to eat! everyone in my family love them
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1sift the flour and cornflour into a large bowl.cut the butter into cubes and rub into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 2grate the zest from half a lemon and squeeze the juice.stir the icing sugar, lemon zest and 2tbsp of lemon juice into the flour.bring the mixture together with your hands to form soft dough.if the dough is too firm add a little extra lemon juice. if its too soft chill for 15 minutes.
- 3preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F/gas . line baking sheets with baking parchment. roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface.
- 4cut out stars with star cookie cutters with a lage cookie cutters.
- 5using smaller cutters,cut out the centres of the stars. lift out the centre of the starand add to the pastry and re-roll it.
- 6bake the cookies for 4 minutes remove from the oven and place a sweet in the middle of the cookie.
- 7return to the oven and bake for 6-7 mins unil the cookies are a very pale golden colour and the sweets have melted to fill the hole. do not overcook the or the edges will get burnt.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stained Glass Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 38.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g