Recipe by papergoddess
Decorated sugar cookies. They can be hung on your tree as ornaments, too. Posted in reply to a request.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix thouroughly butter, confectioner's sugar, egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Blend in flour, soda, and cream of tartar.
- Divide dough in half.
- Color equal portions of 1 half with assorted food colorings.
- Leave the other half plain; Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Roll plain half of dough 1/8" thick on lightly floured cloth-covered board.
- Cut with decorative cookie cutters.
- Place on sprayed or greased cookie sheet.
- Roll colored doughs; cut out different shapes to match and fit on top of each plain cookie shape.
- If you wish to hang the cookies on your tree, place a small piece of drinking straw through the top of each cookie before baking.
- Bake 7-8 minutes at 375 degrees F.