Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great dessert for the kids. Good tasting and good looking!
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- fruit-flavored hard candies, broken into pieces (Fruit Lifesavers work well)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until thick and creamy.
- Add the flour and milk to the butter and sugar, then knead to form a soft ball of dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it is 1/4 inch thick. Using fun-shaped cookie cutters, cut the dough and place the shapes on the cookie sheet.
- Cut a small hole in the center of each shape. (The shape of the hole may mirror the shape of the cookie itself.) Place a broken piece of fruit candy in each hole. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let sit until the melted candies harden. Then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
These cookies are gorgeous. However, they didn't taste wonderful. I think it may just be a matter of opinion. I think kids would fall all over themselves for these cookies, however.