1/1 Photo of Stained Glass Cookie Pops
A fun project to do with the kids, for the kids, etc. A great holiday treat idea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- 2Line cookie sheets with foil.
- 3Measure first 6 ingredients into the bowl.
- 4Mix til a soft dough is formed.
- 5Divide dough into 12 pieces.
- 6OUTLINES FOR COOKIES: Roll the dough between hands making snake shapes about 1/4- inch thick.
- 7Place rope on prepared cookie sheet and form into a design.
- 8(Shapes like dreidles, Jewish stars, etc... for Chanukah, X-mas trees, ornaments for Christmas).
- 9NOTE: Be sure dough ends are completely pinched together as these will form the outline of the stained glass picture.
- 10Sprinkle the crushed candies inside the dough outlines, filling the spaces completely and heaping slightly.
- 11Carefully insert a craft stick into cookie, forming a "lollipop".
- 12Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, watching carefully.
- 13Remove cookie sheets from oven and place on counter to cool.
- 14When cooled, gently peel off foil from each cookie pop.
- 15You will have created a beautiful created a stained glass effect!
- 16Wrap each cookie pop in plastic wrap.
- 17For gift giving, tie with a colorful ribbon.
- 18These cookies can easily be made by children (with careful supervision).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stained Glass Cookie Pops
Serving Size: 1 (790 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 7.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g