Recipe by katybugkaren
While visiting my mom, I noticed she had a ton of canned kraut in the pantry, so Ii made this recipe up to use some of it. I used Johnsonville stadium bratwurst.
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 6 bratwursts, cut in 2 inch diagonal slices
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir bacon and onions in a skillet until bacon is crisp.
- Add the brats to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the sauerkraut, carrots, chicken broth, brown sugar and black pepper to skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- I serve this with fried potato pirogies.