1/1 Photo of Stacy's Sausage Quiche
echo echo's Note:
Got this recipe years ago from a former boyfriend. So good (and so rich) I like to make it for my birthday dinner. It makes plenty so invite your friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 9-inch deep dish pie crusts
- 453.59 g hot sausage
- 1 sweet white onion, chopped
- 226.79 g mushroom, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 59.14 ml white wine
- garlic powder
- 453.59 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 453.59 g swiss cheese, grated
- 5 eggs
- 473.19 ml half-and-half
- cinnamon (optional)
- cayenne (optional)
- 1Prick the crusts liberally with a fork, and bake in a 450°F oven 1 or 2 minutes until lightly browned.
- 2Brown the sausage in a skillet, remove from skillet, drain, and set aside.
- 3In the same skillet, sauté the onion in butter.
- 4Add the mushrooms and sauté.
- 5Return the sausage to pan, add the wine, garlic powder and oregano and mix together with the onion and mushrooms.
- 6Mix the cheeses together.
- 7Spread 1/4 of the cheese in the bottom of each crust.
- 8Spread 1/2 of the sausage mixture over the cheese in each pie.
- 9Cover with the rest of the cheese.
- 10Beat the eggs with the half and half and pour into the pies until each is filled to the rim.
- 11If desired sprinkle liberally with more oregano and/or cinnamon and/or cayenne.
- 12Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- 13Lower the oven to 350° and bake 10-15 minutes more until a knife, inserted into the quiche, comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stacy's Sausage Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.9
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 177.9 mg
- Sodium 739.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 27.3 g