Recipe by stacyrask
I made it to make my own version of one of my favorite canned soups. My family loved it so much that I am putting it up here.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 tablespoon beef base
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (32 ounce) containers chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup diced onion (yellow or white)
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup acini di pepe pasta (look like tiny balls or couscous)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the top six ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, combine the remaining ingredients except the spinach and pasta. Bring the soup to a strong simmer over medium heat.
- Roll meatball mix into one inch meatballs and drop carefully into simmering soup. Let simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and acini di pepe. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and smile.