Recipe by weekend cooker
Got this from the apple orchard, near me, and had a sample, asked for the recipe, they gave me several variations. This is the one I sampled, and would recommend this for a dessert.
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 -8 medium baking apples, cored, and cut in half, and unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together raisins and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Lay apples cut-side up and fill the core areas with raisin-sugar mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle stuffed apples with cinnamon, and dot with butter.
- Place apples in slow cooker, stacking if necessary.
- Add water along the edge of the cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 3-5 hours, or on high for 2 1/2- 3 1/2 hours or until apples are tender, but not collapsing.
- Serve warm, or with ice cream, or frozen yogurt.