Recipe by lesliecoy
The original recipe came from Holloman Air Force Base OWC - tweaked and changed and made it my own. Our good friend in New Mexico always served her's stacked, I like rolled myself.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 12 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken until done in boiler with chicken broth. When chicken is cooked, shred with fork.
- Combine soup, chilies, garlic, onion, and cumin in boiler with stock and chicken. Simmer until thickened.
- Place strainer over large bowl and drain sauce off chicken, pressing juices through the strainer. Add more chicken broth if necessary to make 2 cups of sauce.
- Heat skillet and heat up tortillas until limp. Continue until all tortillas are done.
- Place a spoonful of sauce in oven proof dish. Lay out a tortilla and top with chicken mixture. Roll it up and place seam side down.
- If stacking lay a tortilla on top of the sauce and top with a spoonful of the chicken mixture then another tortilla and more chicken mixture, 4 tortillas high. Make a second stack following the same order.
- Pour Sauce over the Enchiladas.
- Grate Monterrey Jack Cheese on top.
- Heat in 450 degree oven until cheese begins to brown. Be careful not to over cook.
- Each Tortilla will count as a serving to figure calories, if stacked you can cut the stack in half to serve.