Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy & tasty recipe. If you are an eggplant lover or a vegetarian/vegan this is for you. This will serve 4.
- Cut ends off eggplant & slice into 1/2-inch thickenesses.
- Peel onion & tomato & slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- Stack eggplant, tomato, & onion, salting each layer lightly, in a greased flat baking dish.
- Add small pat of margarine/butter to top of each stack.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Remove foil & sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 10 minutes prior to serving.
This is an excellent recipe! I enjoy low fat dishes. I added some sliced garlic and used seasoned salt. Mine was done in 45 mins. Thanks!
I used a medium eggplant and found that one large tomato was still not enough, maybe two? Maybe some added fresh garlic would be a good addition. Keep up the good work. Not bad for a middle school kid! :)