Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One morning in Portland, Maine, I found the PERFECT egg sandwich and rushed home to create in my own kitchen. I use a pannini grill for this, but you could use a grill pan as long as you weighted the top while cooking each side. Bacon is optional but I think it adds alot of flavor! Be warned... this is a really filling breakfast. Don't expect to be hungry for lunch!
- cooking spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- -Preheat oven to 425.
- beat eggs and Half and Half with chives.
- -pour into a metal loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- -bake for 15 to 20 minutes until eggs are done.
- -spread one side of each bread slice with butter.
- -cut across the center of the bread pan creating 2 equal parts, perfectly bread sized.
- place 2 of the bread slices on the pannini grill, butter side down.
- lay 1/2 of cooked egg mixture on each slice.
- top with bacon and shredded cheese and other slices of bread.
- Close into pannini grill and cook on medium heat for 7 minutes.