1/2 Photos of Stacked Chicken Quesadillas
This is a really easy recipe that you change up any way you want it. If the pieces were cut small, this would also be great for tailgating or parties. I found that a really sharp knife cuts through the layers better than a pizza cutter. I make mine a little different than the recipe states -- I cooked my chicken using Cooked Chicken for Recipes - Barefoot Contessa Style, then I put the cut-up chicken and the can of tomatoes and chilies in a saucepan and just let it simmer on low heat for a bit. It worked really well. I also used shredded taco cheese instead of the cheddar and American cheese. I place the tortillas side-by-side on a cookie sheet. After baking, I stuck them under the broiler for a minute or two to crisp up the top. I really think these make more than 4 servings -- more like 6 or so.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325º.
- 2Arrange chicken in baking dish and top with tomatoes and chilies.
- 3Bake for 1 hour.
- 4Chop chicken and return to tomato mixture and set aside.
- 5Increase oven temperature to 350º.
- 6Mix cheeses in bowl.
- 7Spray 2 pie plates with nonstick cooking spray.
- 8Layer 1 tortilla, 2 tbsps. chicken mixture, 1 tablespoons jalapenos, 1 tablespoons green onions, 1 tablespoons olives, and 1/3 cup cheese mixture.
- 9Repeat layers to make 4 layers in each plate.
- 10Top with a tortilla and brush top with butter.
- 11Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- 12Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stacked Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.6
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 1074.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: