Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
I first had these in Hermosillo, Sonora. They're so simple you don't really need a recipe.
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups enchilada sauce ((My Irma's Red Enchilada Sauce (Salsa De Chile Rojo)))
- oil, for frying tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup asadero cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, whites and light green, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cheeses, mix well.
- Heat sauce in a pan big enough to dip the tortillas into.
- In a seperate pan heat oil and lightly fry the tortillas'til soft.
- When first tortilla is done dip it into the heated sauce and place it in an ungreased casserole dish.
- Scatter 2-3 Tablespoons of the cheese mixture on it.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of Onions and 3-4 Tablespoons of the heated sauce.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, onions and sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over the stack and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until hot thorough out.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Loved it! I also added chopped olives and ground beef to mine. Only drawback is that this is time consuming to make, and leaves a huge mess afterwards. But it's worth it if you have the time--delicious!