1 hr 5 mins
Pierre Dance's Note:
I first had these in Hermosillo, Sonora. They're so simple you don't really need a recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine the cheeses, mix well.
- 3Heat sauce in a pan big enough to dip the tortillas into.
- 4In a seperate pan heat oil and lightly fry the tortillas'til soft.
- 5When first tortilla is done dip it into the heated sauce and place it in an ungreased casserole dish.
- 6Scatter 2-3 Tablespoons of the cheese mixture on it.
- 7Add 3 Tablespoons of Onions and 3-4 Tablespoons of the heated sauce.
- 8Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, onions and sauce.
- 9Pour remaining sauce over the stack and top with remaining cheese.
- 10Bake 20-25 minutes until hot thorough out.
- 11Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stacked Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 44.7 mg
- Sodium 452.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 14.8 g