- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 good sized, over ripe bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix shoriening and brown sugar until smooth, mix in eggs and banana's.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and milk. Mix all with spoon, about 50 strokes.
- Pour into ungreased loaf pan and cook in preheated 350 degree oven.
- Bake 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool approximately 30 minutes, then turn out with knife and wrap in aluminum foil. May be served warm, cold or toasted.