1/1 Photo of Stacey's Famous BBQ Chicken
2 hrs 20 mins
This sauce is one that I have changed so many times. After about 10 years my family was getting tired of it changing all the time and said that it was time to write it down. So I did. Its the most requested meal in my house by my family and all my kids friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 serrano chili (finely minced)
- 2 chipotle bouillon cubes, Knorr brand (optional)
- 1Remove chicken from the package, season both sides lightly with kosher salt and black pepper.
- 2For BBQ Sauce:.
- 3Add all ingredients to a saucepan and simmer for a bit over a ½ hour.
- 4(Watch out for bubbles and splatter).
- 5Grill chicken for about an hour, until almost done, (about 145 degrees internal temp).
- 6Baste top side and cook for 15 minutes, flip, baste other side and cook for another 15 minutes. Flip again and baste and cook for five more minutes, then flip and baste then cook for 5 more minutes. Internal temperature should be a minimum of 165 degrees when done.
- 7When grilling watch for flare ups during cooking process before sauce is applied and also after. Try to use indirect heat after sauce is applied. Can also cook in the oven using the broiler with the oven rack at the second from the top position. Cooking times will vary with the oven method.
- 8Can refrigerate sauce for about a month (it never lasts that long in my house)
- 9* If no bouillon, substitute a spice of your choice, cayenne pepper, Jalapeno powder, and for a super kick, Habenaro powder (use caution).
- 10# If you like a bit of chunk in your sauce, finely minced garlic, 2-3 cloves, and one half an onion, can be used in place of the powder.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stacey's Famous BBQ Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 908.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 53.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar