Recipe by GingerlyJ
Stacey is a lady at our church who always brings these eggrolls to our montly potluck. I think just about everyone has requested the recipe. I was surprised how easy it was
- 1 (10 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked shrimp or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon green hot pepper sauce
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 48 inches egg roll wraps
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup Chinese duck sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mircowave safe bowl combine coleslaw mix, and scallions.
- cover with plastic Microewave on high for 5 minutes or until wilted.
- place in colander press out excess liquid then toss in meat, cilantro, ginger, pepper sauce and half the hoisin sauce.
- place 2 wrappers on a cutting board facing you.
- spoon 1/2 cup of teh mixture in center of each wrapper.
- fold bottom corner over filling fold in left and right corners over filling.
- moisten top corner with water and roll up.
- repeat with remaining filling and wrapper.
- heat oil in a nonstick skillet over Medium heat add egg rolls ab cook until golden brown2 to 4 minutes turning to cook on all sides
- In a smalll dish combine remaining hoisin sauce wih duck sauce and dip eggrolls in.