1/4 Photos of Stacey's Creamy Fruit Pizza
My niece, a new bride herself, served this for a bridal shower she hosted for her new sister-in-law. This is to die for! Neither I, nor anyone else, could leave it alone. I had her make it and bring it to my Halloween party. Then I made it just to eat for no reason. Then I made it for a get together at a friend’s house. Then I made it for our family Christmas party. It’s addictive! I’m trying to think up an excuse to make one right now. Guess I’ll just have to use the “No Reason” one again. Don’t blame me if you find yourself in the same predicament after making it. The sour cream pudding mix combination is utterly delicious, believe it or not, and is so light and creamy. Those of you that find the “cookie dough crust” varieties too sweet will love this version. I’ve tried it using the sugar free, low fat ingredients listed, and the other way too, and couldn’t really tell a difference. This dessert is definitely visually impressive, whether done in alternating fruit circles or in fruit triangles. You can play with Holiday themes by using holiday colored fruit. Mandarin oranges and purple grapes for Halloween; Strawberries and green grapes, or kiwi slices for Christmas; or an Independence Day flag made in a rectangular pan and decorated with strawberries and blueberries.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Spray a large round pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper.
- 2Unroll the crescent dough and arrange the triangles in a circle with points toward the center, adjusting or adding dough as needed, to line the bottom of the pan. Be sure to press together seams and perforations.
- 3Bake for 14-17 minutes, or until golden and lightly browned, (completely done but not hard or burnt). Make sure it’s not under-baked or it will become soggy later.
- 4Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. (If using parchment paper, grasp the edges of the paper to lift the crust out of the pan, then remove it to allow the crust to cool.) When thoroughly cooled, transfer to serving platter, or place back into pizza pan.
- 5Mix together pudding powder and sour cream with electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Spread onto cooled crust.
- 6Top with fresh or well drained canned fruit. Chill at least 4-6 hours. Cut into portions. Serve well chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stacey's Creamy Fruit Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 300.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g