Recipe by StaceyRabbitFace
My version of the Rachel Ray recipe. No vegetables to get in the way of the dumplings :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 3 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons granulated chicken soup base
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium high heat, cook the onions in oil until soft.
- add butter.
- add flour when butter is melted, cook while stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in soup, three cups water, and garlic, bring to boil.
- add granulated chicken soup base and chicken.
- combine baking mix and warm water in a bowl.
- Wait for reboil of soup and then drop tablespoons of the dumpling mixture into the pot.
- Cover pot tightly, reduce to medium-low.
- Let cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove lid, stir and let stand until desired thickness.