Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a friend that is a gourmet plus cook - he got the recipe from Stacey. It is delicious and a little different than any I could find here on Zaar. Handle this dough like you would pie crust dough. Serve them as appetizers, with dip, with soup anyway you want but better hide them until you want to serve them because they will disappear. very quickly
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter (room Temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups white strong aged cheese, grated (White Cheddar is good)
- Mix flour, baking powder& salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry knife or 2 knives.
- Cut until the mixture is crumbly.
- Slowly add milk again using the pastry knife or two knives.
- Add Cheeses cutting it in.
- Roll into a ball, then cut in half and roll the dough to apprx.
- 1/4" thickness.
- cut into even 1/2" strips, twist each strip and place on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Not only are these easy and tasty as a snack, but next time I make them I'd like to use them as a base or acup filled with an appetizer goody. I think the light cheezy dough would be wonderful!Bergy thnx again for sharing your find with us!
these werent that great, i dont know if i cooked them too long but i was expecting a crispy outside and gooey inside.These were just like bread sticks... :(
These were great. The second time I made them, I added some crispy fried bacon bits for extra flavour. They disappeared so fast!