Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great icing recipe that will not just collapse and go runny on you!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (1/2 pint)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake decorating gel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon wilton clear vanilla
- combine whipping cream and sugar in mixing bowl.
- whip to soft peak stage.
- add piping gel and vanilla, then continue to whip stiff peaks.
- do not overbeat.
I have used a recipe similar to this so many times and LOVE it. I have used it to decorate cakes, pipe decorative borders around pies, and added cocoa to it to make a chocolate mousse to either ice cakes or use as a filling between layers. The only difference is that I think my recipe calls for 3 tbsp powdered sugar. Every time I use it, people comment on how light it is. It is an excellent substitution for the traditional, overly sweet buttercream. Thanks for posting! Oh, and I always double the recipe as 1 has never been enough.