Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
While searching for a cream that will hold in the fridge I came across this one. Servings are hard to determine depending on how it is to be used........as a topping or frosting.
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (see TIPS)
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream (1 pint)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon dark rum or 1 tablespoon any flavored liqueur
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar or 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar (Best paired with cakes & desserts that have brown sugar in the ingredients)
- Soak plain gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve by placing it in a container over a small pot of simmering water.
- Allow to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream in a large well-chilled bowl.
- Just before it becomes soft and billowy, slowly add the sugar and flavorings to the whipped cream at the sides of the bowl, continuing to whip as you do.
- Whip the cream until barely stiff.
- Add melted and cooled gelatin all at once to cream during whipping.
- Stop whipping when cream forms soft peaks.
- Finish beating with whisk to adjust consistency.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
- TIPS: For 1 cup of cream use 1/2 teaspoon gelatin soaked in 1 tablespoon cold water.
- For 2 cups of cream use 1 teaspoon gelatin soaked in 2 tablespoons cold water.
- For 6 cups of cream use 1 tablespoon soaked in 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon cold water.
- Stabilized whipped cream can be flavored, but do it as soon as possible before the gelatin sets.