Recipe by Bone Man
This is a recipe from Harold's Restaurant, in Portsmouth, Ohio (burned to the ground now), which was the finest restaurant in south-central Ohio for half a century. I'd flag this one for a try later if you're not going to use it right now. Cooking time includes "chilling" time in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Top Review by BecR
Very tasty combination of flavors!!! Thought I'd give this a try, being way overdue for a nice salad, -and- I absolutely adore both artichoke hearts and hearts of palm!! Subbed a bit: used baby greens, a Satsuma tangerine, raspberry vinaigrette, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and added a sprinkling of recipe #117774. Will definitely make again, using the proper dressings. Thanks Pat!
- 4 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 ounce fresh spinach
- 2 ounces hearts of palm
- 3 artichoke hearts
- 2 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce salad dressing, lemon oil-type
- 1 ounce salad dressing, champagne-type
- 1⁄4 ounce mixed sprouts (alfa sprouts)
- 3 parsley sprigs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mixed greens and spinach on a chilled salad plate.
- Arrange the hearts of palm on the chilled greens.
- Cut the artichoke hearts into pieces and place on the greens. Arrange the orange pieces on the salad. Sprinkle the feta cheese on top.
- Dress the salad with the lemon oil dressing and the champagne dressing.
- Garnish with the alfa sprouts and the parsley sprigs.