Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from Harold's Restaurant, in Portsmouth, Ohio (burned to the ground now), which was the finest restaurant in south-central Ohio for half a century. I'd flag this one for a try later if you're not going to use it right now. Cooking time includes "chilling" time in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- 4 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 ounce fresh spinach
- 2 ounces hearts of palm
- 3 artichoke hearts
- 2 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce salad dressing, lemon oil-type
- 1 ounce salad dressing, champagne-type
- 1⁄4 ounce mixed sprouts (alfa sprouts)
- 3 parsley sprigs
- Place the mixed greens and spinach on a chilled salad plate.
- Arrange the hearts of palm on the chilled greens.
- Cut the artichoke hearts into pieces and place on the greens. Arrange the orange pieces on the salad. Sprinkle the feta cheese on top.
- Dress the salad with the lemon oil dressing and the champagne dressing.
- Garnish with the alfa sprouts and the parsley sprigs.
Very tasty combination of flavors!!! Thought I'd give this a try, being way overdue for a nice salad, -and- I absolutely adore both artichoke hearts and hearts of palm!! Subbed a bit: used baby greens, a Satsuma tangerine, raspberry vinaigrette, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and added a sprinkling of recipe #117774. Will definitely make again, using the proper dressings. Thanks Pat!