Chef Nana #4's Note:
Practically foolproof tasty yeast bread. Have used this recipe for years with excellent results every time. Recipe is from a small cookbook the Girl Scouts were selling. "Todays All Purpose Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve.yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, letting stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Add -- next 5 ingredients, mixing well.
- 3Stir -- in flours gradually until blended.
- 4Let -- stand, covered, in a cool place for 8 to 14 hours. Do not refrigerate.
- 5Sprinkle. top with flour and stir dough down.
- 6Knead -- on floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 7Shape -- into 2 loaves and place in greased loaf pans.
- 8Let -- rise for 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- 9Bake -- at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for St. Timothy's Bread
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 204.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Fleischmann's active dry yeast