Recipe by GreeksWife
I got this recipe from a friend I worked with long ago and have been serving it for years. It is great with chicken or pork. I like it all by itself. Leftovers are great. In fact, I just put one in the oven.
- 1 lb hot spicy breakfast sausage
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopeslipton dry chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (optional)
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble sausage and brown in skillet or microwave until no longer pink. Drain and break up with fork until crumbled.
- Bring 4 1/2 cups of water to a boil, add rice and chicken soup mix, cook for 7 minutes.
- Add all ingredients into a large greased casserole dish and mix well. Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.