- 4 cups broccoli, bite sized pieces, about 2 heads
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted, sub. sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, toast pine nuts in a dry skillet until lightly browned. Careful not to burn. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine: broccoli, raisins, onion, pine nuts, bacon.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Spoon over the broccoli medley and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If preparing the night before. Wait until 2 hours before serving to put the mayonnaise mixture over the broccoli medley.