1/3 Photos of St Patrick's Pie
Tea Jenny's Note:
This is the pie we will be having on St patrick's day for dinner served with cabbage and lot's of gravy. However you can make it any time you like. You can put other things in it I sometimes put the cabbage on the top of the mix and just serve that with gravy. Also if you make your own pastry you can add some herbs, sage is a nice beefy one to add, the seasoning in this recipe is down to choice you may like to add more if you like things a bit more peppery. Note that cooking time does not incluede the boiling of the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pastry dough
- 220 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 g lard or 50 g solid vegetable fat
- 50 g butter
- approximately 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 300 g potatoes, any kind will do
- 340 g corned beef
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into cubes about 2 inches, and boil till fork tender but not mushy, drain and allow to dry off a bit you don't want them to wet, and set aside.
- 2Make pastry and put in the fridge for 20-30 minutes to rest.
- 3Heat the oven to 350f or 170c.
- 4Roll out pastry leaving enough aside for the lid between two sheets of greasproof paper and line a 8 inch pie dish with the pastry.
- 5In a bowl mix the cooled potato, diced cornbeef, onion and the seasonings together, turn over rather than stir to mix.
- 6put mix in the pie dish and roll out your lid as before wet the edge of the pie and crimp the edges together.
- 7whisk up the egg and gently brush over the top of your pie and cut two slits in the lid about 1/2 inch each, Ilike to grind a wee bit of sea salt on top.
- 8bake in the oven for about 20 -30 minutes or untill done.
- 9serve with steamed cabbage and good gravy and enjoy.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for St Patrick's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.1
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 121.8 mg
- Sodium 1519.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: