Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Here is a soothing recipe for anytime of the year.
- 1 (12 ounce) packageuncooked medium noodles
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- In a saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Place noodles in a slow cooker, and add the rest of ingredients except for cheddar cheese, and stir until well blended.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, fold in cheese.
My family enjoyed this very simple but delicious recipe! I changed it slightly to make it lower in fat by using fat-free half and half, only 2 TB butter and WW cheese. I also added some leftover ham when I added the cheese -- very good on a snowy day! Thanks for sharing!
I wanted to just make this on the stovetop, but decided to follow the directions from the chef and use the slow-cooker. I tasted this before adding the cheese, and found it needed something. So I minced up a garlic clove, added some salt and pepper, and then cooked for 20 more minutes before adding the cheese. I also halved the amount of noodles, but left the spinach amount the same. This turned out to be a nice side dish. Thanks for sharing!
A recipe like this could so much more easily and so much more quickly be made on the stovetop, but we probably all have times when we'd prefer to get the preparation done completely ahead of time, ready perhaps to feed a horde of teenagers about to descend. I loved the simplicity of the ingredients here, though (to meet our taste preferences) I did add an onion, a leek, some minced garlic, chopped bacon and some cumin and a good sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper. I used less salt than was specified: probably about 1/2 teaspoon. For teenagers, sausages would probably be a good addition! Very nice recipe, weekend cooker! Thank you for sharing it. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.