1/1 Photo of St. Patrick's Linguine
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri, as seen on Guy's Big Bite. Posting for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup small diced carrot
- 1 cup diced cabbage
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked corned beef, sliced and shredded
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 cups grated irish white cheddar cheese or 2 cups extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup peas
- 1 lb cooked linguine
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the butter and 1 tablespoon canola oil. Add the carrots and cabbage and saute until they are just tender and the cabbage is starting to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
- 2Stir in the shallots and garlic and saute 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- 3Add the corned beef and black pepper and cook until the beef is starting to crisp, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally during this process. Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- 4Add in the cream, half- and-half, the mustards and the horseradish.
- 5Let simmer until the sauce has tightened up a bit, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in the shredded cheese and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- 7Stir in the peas and the pasta, then transfer into a serving dish.
- 8Serve immediately garnished with the Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for St. Patrick's Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1279.6
- Calories from Fat 706
- Total Fat 78.5 g
- Saturated Fat 46.3 g
- Cholesterol 245.9 mg
- Sodium 741.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 40.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked corned beef