Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri, as seen on Guy's Big Bite. Posting for ZWT.
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup small diced carrot
- 1 cup diced cabbage
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked corned beef, sliced and shredded
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 cups grated irish white cheddar cheese or 2 cups extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup peas
- 1 lb cooked linguine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the butter and 1 tablespoon canola oil. Add the carrots and cabbage and saute until they are just tender and the cabbage is starting to caramelize, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the shallots and garlic and saute 3 to 4 minutes longer.
- Add the corned beef and black pepper and cook until the beef is starting to crisp, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally during this process. Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add in the cream, half- and-half, the mustards and the horseradish.
- Let simmer until the sauce has tightened up a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Stir in the peas and the pasta, then transfer into a serving dish.
- Serve immediately garnished with the Parmesan.
Very rich and delicious! I think I'd increase the amount of cabbage next time, but otherwise I'd leave it the same. We all really enjoyed this and it will probably become a staple on St. Patrick's Day! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT8.
This is delicious and rich! It has a lot of ingredients but it is definitely worth it. My family enjoyed it. Made for ZWT8.