Recipe by Sassy in da South
Recipe from about.com wine section. The Irish Whiskey gives this traditional sangria a nice twist. Preparation time does not include overnight chill time for flavors to meld.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine (Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- 1 -2 green apple, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- splash lime juice
- 1 1⁄2-3 ounces Irish whiskey (1-2 shots)
- 2 cups club soda or 2 cups ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour wine in the pitcher and squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon and orange into the wine. Toss in the wedges of orange, lemon and apple(leaving out seeds if possible) and add sugar, lime juice and whiskey.
- Chill overnight.
- Add club soda or ginger ale just before serving (may substitute lemon-lime cola for club soda/ginger ale if you prefer a sweeter sangria).